To start using Swapin services, you need to verify your account.
Swapin offers 3 verification levels: Starter, Basics, and Full. We recommend starting from the minimum level available for you, and you can always upgrade later on.
Starter Level. ID verification.
The Starter verification level is the quickest and easiest to complete. In just two minutes, you can prove your identity and get started. To do this, you'll need to provide your ID and a selfie. Accepted ID documents include passports and ID cards. It's important to note that driving licenses are not accepted as a valid ID document for verification purposes. You can start the verification process on your desktop and easily continue on your mobile device by scanning the provided QR code.
Sign up screen - enter e-mail and desired password, Read and Accept Terms of Service, click Sign up
Verify your email address - you should receive an email with verification code, enter this into the 6 digit box.
Once you’re in your account - click “Get Verified” at the top.
Start with the basics - enter phone number, address of residency, birth country, citizenship country - click Continue
Choose your verification level (depending on your region, you may not be able to do certain levels and must do Full KYC instantly) Let’s begin with Starter Level.
Make sure you have a government-issued ID near you, that your camera is working and you are in a well-lit area, be prepared to take photos of your ID and a selfie of yourself. Click “Start Verification”
If you’re on the desktop version, you can choose either to scan QR code or receive a link to your phone via SMS.
Once you open the link, you’ll be guided to take a photo of your document, then a selfie, and they’ll be processed, checked, inspected. In a few moments, you’ll receive a “Thank you” message and you can close the window.
Once back on the Swapin app browser, in only about 2 minutes or less, you’ll see a confirmation “Your identity is verified”. Click Continue.
You have now completed the Starter Level verification - easy and fast!
Basic Level. Address Verification.
Moving on to the next levels, Basic and Full verification levels both require an additional step: address verification. It's the official confirmation of your residential address, and it has to match the address you provided when creating your account.
Let’s go through the Address verification together step-by-step:
When you begin the process you’ll see a list of examples of accepted documents, such as utility bills like electricity, water, internet, bank statement, or mortgage statement with your address on it. Please note that mobile phone bills are not accepted. The document must have been issued within the last three months and preferably be in English.
To upload your document click “Choose file” - make sure it’s in the right format and correct size), then hit “Continue”
Our team will verify provided documents, and once the verification process is completed you will receive a notification.
Check out our "How to verify your address on Swapin" article for more information about documents that can be accepted as proof of address.
Full Level. Source of Funds Verification.
This step ensures that your funds come from legitimate sources. Accepted documents for source of funds verification include salary payment slips, bank statements, and crypto statements like trading history or wallet address transaction history. Remember to provide the original documents, as edited documents or screenshots are not accepted. The document should have been issued within the last six months and preferably be in English.
Step by step walkthrough:
1. Here you need to respond to some questions. First, Purpose of transactions - are you paying bills or salaries with crypto, sending money to various bank accounts, converting your crypto to EUR/GBP.
2. Fill in your yearly net income in EUR and employer name
3. Now choose “Source of funds” from the drop-down list. Accepted documents for source of funds include for example salary payment slips, latest tax declaration, bank statements, and crypto statements like trading history or wallet address transaction history.
4. Make sure the uploaded document is in the correct format and size (20MB). Click “Continue”
5. Now final few confirmations. Tick the boxes that you have provided Swapin with correct information, that you use this account for your personal needs, and whether you agree to receive marketing emails. Click “Continue”.
6. You’ll see a “Thank you! Your verification is under review message”. Wait for verification confirmation. This can take from 2 hours to 2 days, you will receive an email notification once it’s completed and you are ready to go. Or in some cases, if necessary, you will receive extra questions to complete your verification.
7. Continue to the app - you can use Swapin payments for yourself already at this point while waiting for Full KYC approval to be completed.
Now you are informed about all the verification levels and documents needed for each level to be ready to begin using Swapin’s solutions.
Find more information about documents accepted as a source of funds in the "How to Provide Source of Funds Information on Swapin?" article.
Verification Data Update
Remember, it's essential to update and approve your verification data every six months or we will inform you by e-mail whenever the provided document expires. This ensures a smooth processing of your payments and helps us maintain a high level of security.
Please, check out our ultimate KYC guide for individual customers: